Most comfortable pants eeeeeever

Hey Hey,

So these are part of the backlog I was talking about during my last post.  The Amber Trousers by Paprika patterns.  These are supposed to be made out of a woven, but I had some leftover fabric (still do) from when I made my Plantain Version #5 and was really inspired to use this pattern to try to recreate a cropped version of a very similar pair of pants I bought in Sri Lanka when I was on my honey moon earlier this year.


I have to say I rushed the job slightly, but I couldn't be happier with where they landed on the comfy scale.  I took out the side zipper and just sewed a circle of elastic into the waist, flipped down and then zig-zaged across.  This was part of the "rush job" that I did, but I think they still turned out ok for a comfy pair of pants.


Originally I was going to stream line them even more and make them without the pockets, especially because the fabric I used for these is so stretchy, but when I cut out the front leg pieces I forgot to adjust the pattern accordingly.  Oops.  So pockets it was.  I don't think I will be able to put anything heavy in them, but they give me a place to stick my hands when I'm feeling awkward, so that's good. Lol.


Instead of properly tapering the legs down, I just cut them off below the knee and then added a cuff. Unfortunately, Because I didn't properly taper them, there was a little too much body to put them into the cuffs I made, so I had to add one pleat in the front and one pleat in the back of each knee.  This was also part of the janky rush job.  I think I'll fix this next go around if I decide to make them cropped again, but in the mean time this pair will stay as is.


Look, they're so comfy I can rival my husband for best tree pose now. :o)


~Kten


Comments

  1. I love these!!! They look so comfy! How does a girl get a pair of awesome comfy tree yoga pants with or without pockets??? Just take my money! Seriously though, I want to purchase a pair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I can sew you out a pair at some point :o)

      Delete

Post a Comment