The long awaited Windslow culottes

Hey All,

As I have mentioned in the past, I was involved in a little pattern testing recently.  Helen from "Helen's Closet" recently put out a new culottes pattern and I was picked to be one of the testers.  Woohoo!  It was my first time pattern testing and it went swimmingly :o).  Now that they are officially for sale I can finally write about them.



I have to say, I had a sweet spot for culottes to begin with, contemplating often, purchasing a culottes pattern as a nice work staple for the summer months.  I love me a garment that presents as one thing, but is really secretly another. So clearly culottes fall well into that category.  Plus my office is by the water and it can get very windy as you get close.  Just imagine how wind+above the knee skirts+work mesh.  Yea...

   

So anyways, culottes seemed like a good solution.  Then came the call for pattern testers..."multi-length culottes with pockets", I was a goner.  Needless to say I was all over it, like white on bread... or maybe wheat on bread in my case... because well that's my preferred bread type.

   

The pattern is being marketed to beginners and I have to say I feel like that's quite appropriate.  The 'hardest' elements would be the invisible zipper and easing in the waist, so if you're good on those points you should be good to go.  In fact one of my favorite parts of this pattern is that the hem is straight.  So easy to customize!  Plus the instructions are awesome, well illustrated,  and the pattern has layers so you only need to print out the sizes you want to sew.  ::heart eyes::


Anyways, this is what I have to share with you today.  I made view A out of black rayon with a chartreuse (semi) invisible zip.  The pattern is drafted for a 5'6" person, and I'm 5'2.5" so if I was being true to the pattern intention I should have shortened them 3.5" and I still might... I'm on the fence.  Or, maybe I'll just make an entirely knew pair, so I can have both. I also really want to make a couple fabric blocked pairs.... I may or may not already have a little something something in my stash waiting for just this project ;o).

Stay tuned!

-Kten

Comments