Knit Hudsons

I don't know how happy Sunday evenings are for everyone, but... Happy Sunday none the less!

At least in this part of the world and for my company specifically, next week is only a 3 day week, and it should be mostly quiet, so this Sunday evening isn't so bad.  Hopefully I didn't just jinx it though.... :/

Anyways, this week I have for you the hudson pants by true bias.  I know I'm super late on this wave, but aren't I always, and hey, better late than never, right??


So I want to acknowledge that my choice of heather grey fabric might have made them look a little more long-johns-y than they really needed to be. Buuuuut, on the other hand, I made these out of some sort of cotton knit fabric that might be the most comfortable thing I have ever worn.  It has the perfect amount of give without bagging out at all and as a result it feels like a second skin.  Another mood purchase (I think $14/yd).  Here's a little close up so you can really see the knit texture:


I wanted to make the pocket facings out of some simple muslin to coordinate with the bias tape I used for the drawstring, but the muslin just didn't have enough stretch to really work.  Fortunately I found some grey and white stripe jersey in my stash that matched pretty well.



Annnnd that's all I got.  I'm sure this pair will be the first of many more to come.  Kudos True Bias, kudos.

Comments

  1. They look super comfy... these are (finally!) next on my list so you're not the only one late to the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we can be fashionably late together then :) Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment