Let's get this blog back filled shall we??

Hiiiiiiii,

Remember me?  Maybe you actually found me on my instagram (@jinxandgunner), before you found me here.  Well... instagram got the best of me as it does for many of us #noshame and I became too lazy to write blogposts when I could just slam (and i use that word loosely, since I really don't post all that much there either) ya'll with pics on instagram with minimal captions. Also, free time is tight sometimes.  Just a little insight into my life if you're interested... I work full time (with a legit commute), go to class part time, blog for Minerva and have a real FOMO problem, so I alllllways want to do alll the pattern testing plus I still want to exercise, have friends and hang with my hubs.  What can I say, I'm a yes- (wo)man, but boy does all that make the time fly

Anyways, because of all this I have a real back log of projects to share, some I've already written posts for and some I just have lots of pics of. So I'm starting down the line. Way back, to when I lived in Queens.  This was the second project I sewed with Minerva fabric and blogged for them.  I hope you enjoy:

This is the Coppelia cardigan by Papercut patterns made in a black and plum knit which I think was a perfect match. The fabric is soft and slubby and also stretchy.  The black parts are almost like a sheer netting and the plum parts are where the slub variant comes in. Its almost like a soft yarn was pulled through netting (which is probably exactly what happened, because I basically just described weaving, derp), and there certainly was a bunch of maroon lint floating around my sewing room after I finished. Because the fabric is part see-through, I have a black tank on underneath and in my opinion it’s a great combo for this hot/cold spring we’ve been having in NY.  I imagine it will also be perfect come fall.

 

When I first saw this fabric online I thought I was going to make a deer and doe plantain, or possibly a closet case patterns ebony T- of which I have recently made 3 (all un-documented as of yet).  However when this fabric arrived I realized there was only two way stretch which runs horizontally along the stripes.  If you pull the fabric vertically there is absolutely no give, not even a little mechanical stretch. So I wanted to make sure I picked something appropriate.  I know from experience that the plantain and the ebony both need 4 way stretch, so I went stash diving for something a little looser, and given the soft snuggly hand of the fabric I also thought it would be perfect for a cardigan or some kind of ‘over-layer’.  That’s when I saw my copy of the coppelia laying there amongst my patterns and the sewing cherubs basically started singing.


This is the first time I’ve made the coppelia pattern but truth be told I’ve had in my stash for longer than I care to share :P  What can I say.  Some people hoard fabric I tend to collect patterns.  Regardless I’m now reflecting on how dumb it was that I waited this long to sew it up because after I traced the pattern and cut out the pieces it literally took an hour to sew up. Honestly I think there were like less than 10 seams.  Now that I have all my pattern pieces ready to go I  imagine I will be churning these out, I mean carefully sewing many more ;o).  This is the faux wrap version, so it has all the fun of the wrap with none of the hassle of making sure the tie actually stays tied and everything is where it is meant to be. I would definitely like to try out the cropped wrap version at some point though, because I can see that version being a great office accessory.  Unfortunately we all know that when the sun comes out, the AC turns on :/.


So anyways, to wrap up (pun totally intended, har har).  This is my soft snuggly coppelia I couldn’t love it more :)


Thanks for reading!

Kten :)

Comments