Belladone

Heyo,

So, I don't know if it's apparent to you all, but it's becoming quite apparent to me, I frickin' love Deer and Doe. And even though I'm about to show you a slightly less than perfect Belladone, it's pretty much clear that D&D are becoming my faves.

Anyways without further ado I present to you my latest make:

             

Ms Belladone.  When I compared my measurements 30x25x37 to the back of the envelope I was concerned that a straight 34 was going to be too small around the waist so I graded to a 36 and left the top and bottom both 34.  I went out on a limb and assumed that the pleats on the skirt would take care of any problems in the hip area.  Well I was right about that, there was plenty of room in the hips, but wrong about the waist.  It turned out huge (and so did the bodice really), I think I ended up taking off an inch from either side unilaterally, starting at the bottom of the cutout going straight down to the hem.  In fact looking at the back of the skirt, it looks like there's still some extra fabric hovering over my bum.

                

I also decided to ditch the hem facing and just serged and turned the hem up for a nice deep 2"er.  I'm only 5'2.5", so I feel like fuller skirts need to be cut short on me or I get dwarfed.  Not cute. I think the fabric is a cotton sateen, it has a sheen on the right side and a slightly scratchy matte finish on the wrong side.  It also has some horizontal stretch. I don't know if that had anything to do with the sizing issues I had, but I think I'm going to go with a straight 34 next time and see where that gets me. Waste not want not right?  (Even though this was left over fabric from the first post I ever made here, the Jamie Jeans :o)
    





Last but not least.... because I know you sewers all love you some guts, here they are for your viewing pleasure. I cut up an old button down my dad was getting rid of and used it to add a little candy stripe action to the inside.  The stripe fabric is much much lighter in weight than the face fabric which made it a little harder to use as a finish, but I got it done in the end.

Oh one more thing, see how I have my phone in my hand in all the selfies??  My hubs got me a new camera for xmas specifically to up my blogging game and it came with an app to use my phone as a remote!  I can literally see myself in my phone while I take photos of myself from behind....  ::mind blown::..  No more hitting the timer and running for this girl! Whoop whoop!

Anyways, that's all I got for you.  Hope you all have a great week!

Comments